Brooke Tolman came off the bench to score 19 points to lead Montana State Billings to a 57-41 victory over Western on Thursday, Jan. 26.
The Wolves came out strong in the opening period and took an 11-4 lead. The Yellowjackets (14-7, 6-4 GNAC) answered back with an 8-0 run to take the lead and they would carry that momentum through the half as they outscored Western 27-7 the remainder of the half.
Even when Western found open looks at the hoop, it was unable to get the ball to go through the basket as it shot just 36 percent from the field and 6-of-16 at the free throw line. Western also turned the ball over 21 times compared to just 15 times for the Yellowjackets.
Rylee Peterson led Western (4-16, 3-7 GNAC) with 11 points, four steals and eight rebounds. Melissa Fowler also added eight points by hitting all four of her shots from the field. Jade Haas put together an excellent defensive game as she held Bobbi Knudsen, the GNAC's leading scorer, to 12 points, five below her season average.
The Western women's basketball team will be back in action this Saturday when they take on Seattle Pacific at 2:00 p.m. in Monmouth.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Journal News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE JOURNAL NEWS
RECENT THE JOURNAL CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools